The Pharaohs of Egypt believed that
mushrooms held magic powers. Historically mushrooms were the favourite food of the Roman Emperor Claudius who conquered the
southern part of
1. Pour 125ml boiling water over the
mushrooms and leave to stand for 15 minutes.
2. Cook the pasta as per instructions on the packet and drain.
3. Chop onion and garlic very finely and gently fry in the olive oil.
4. Slice the softened porcini mushrooms with kitchen scissors.
5. Add the mushrooms, their liquor, the soy sauce and the white wine to the pan.
6. Stir in the double cream.
7. Add salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
8. Toss with the cooked pasta and garnish