Spinach and Garlic - 4 Servings
In minutes, you'll have a satisfying
side dish. To save time use bags of prewashed baby spinach.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed with side of chef's knife
- 2 bunches (10 to 12 ounces each) spinach, washed and
dried very well, tough stems trimmed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- In 5-quart saucepot, heat oil over medium-high heat.
Add garlic and cook, stirring, until golden. Add
spinach in batches; add salt. Cover and cook, stirring once, just until spinach
wilts, about 4 minutes. Discard garlic, if you like.
Spinach with Garlic - 4 Servings
Give spinach a quick toss in hot,
garlicky oil for the perfect side dish.
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 pound spinach
- Salt & freshly ground pepper
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add
garlic and stir until golden, about 30 seconds. Add greens in batches, if
necessary, and toss until just wilted, 2 to 4 minutes. Season with salt
and Garlic Puree - 4 Servings
- Cook 1 package ( 10 ounces)
frozen spinach with 2 garlic cloves. Puree with 3 ounces softened cream
cheese, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon each cayenne pepper and ground
Spinach - 8 Servings
- 4 packages (10 ounces each) frozen chopped spinach,
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1/2 small onion, finely chopped (about 1/3 cup)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 cup heavy or whipping cream
- 1. Press out excess liquid from spinach but do not
squeeze dry; set aside.
- 2. In 3- to 4-quart saucepan, melt butter over
medium-low heat. Add onion and cook 8 to 10 minutes or until tender,
stirring frequently. Stir in spinach. Sprinkle flour, salt, and pepper
evenly over spinach; stir to combine. Add cream; heat to boiling over
medium-high heat, stirring frequently.
and Tangerine Salad - 8 Servings
- 4 medium-size tangerines or small oranges
- 1 large bunch spinach (about 1 pound), trimmed
- 2 small heads Bibb lettuce (about 8 ounces)
- 3 tablespoons extravirgin
- 3 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1. Grate peel from 1 tangerine. Cut remaining peel and
pith from all tangerines; discard. Cut each tangerine in half, then cut each half crosswise into 1/4-inch-thick
slices. Tear spinach and Bibb lettuce into bite-size pieces.
- 2. In large bowl, with wire whisk or fork, mix olive
oil, vinegar, sugar, mustard, salt, pepper, and tangerine peel. Add
spinach, lettuce, and tangerine slices; toss well.